Forgive and Move on.
It seems to be simple but it is actually not. First of all, we need to understand what exactly forgiveness is.
Forgiveness means forgetting about what had happened and giving chance to the person concerned with it. Forgiveness is basically one of the state of mind. It is a kind of emotion that is not easy to handle. It completely depends on person to person and situation to situation. For example, I took my case if something bad happened to me due to someone i may forget about it but if someone tries to harm my family I will not forget easily. It also depends on the priority, and type of relation.
Sometimes the situation is not that worse but we make it worse just by not forgiving. Let’s say a child made a mistake rather than helping him in correcting the mistake we don’t accept their apology which in turn leads to negative behaviour in the child. The child starts to hide things, and the connection between the child and their parents becomes weak.
It doesn’t mean forgetting, it also means making a realization to the person that he/she had committed something wrong which need not have happened again.
Now a days, people prefer to stay apart from their relatives rather than forgive them. In this fast world, everyone is so busy with work that they do not have time for each other. If there is a misunderstanding between people then they prefer to cut communication with that person instead of letting go.
The scientific reason behind forgiving various scientific research and studies also reveals that if we do not
forgive the person for the mistakes we hold grudges against that person. We also lose trust in others due to this. We always think about what and why it happened this leads to the condition of anger, anxiety, and depression which in turn affects our health. We feel bounded. Sometimes the person we are not forgiving is also a very close one so we also feel guilty for the same.
Benefits of Forgiveness
There are lots of benefits of Forgiveness. For me, it means Forgiving and letting your soul free.
- It can help to repair damaged relationships.
- It brings peace of mind to the forgiver.
- If we forgive others then it sets us free from stress and anger.
- It can be challenging, especially if the person who’s hurt you doesn’t admit the wrong.
If you find yourself stuck:
- Ask yourself why he or she would behave in such a way. Perhaps you would have reacted similarly if you faced the same situation.
- Last but not least, forgiveness is not easy but if we practice it then we are able to live life stress-free, and peacefully as it is one of the powerful tools to release the person about the mistake made.