REHABILITATE EARTH – THE NEED OF THE HOUR
Our kids in school are taught about the 3 Rs.
They are taught to save power, save water, and plant trees……..
But, I feel everything is taught to them and kids learn them just for passing the examinations. Practical application of teachings of school can remotely be seen.
But, a practical approach is now the only solution left to keep our Earth alive.
As an individual, I have started taking certain steps like
- I carry my own shopping bag instead of demanding plastic bags from vendors.
- I prepare my shopping list on mobile instead of on paper.
- I save blank pages of my son’s notebooks so that those pages could be used for practice and rough work
- While explaining anything to my son, I use blackboard and chalk, instead of paper.
- I save the plastic packing of grocery items to dispose of garbage in them.
- I prefer using a cooler than AC.
- In gardening, I reuse plastic jars as pots instead of buying plastic pots.
- When I have to get lunch or dinner packed from outside, I carry my own lunch box instead of getting the food packed in plastic containers.
- We save seeds of fruits that we eat and when we go out, we sow them under the metro pillars or in parks or on footpaths.
- We don’t throw used puja material in the flowing river, rather we burn it and spread its ash on corners of the park or footpath.
- I use kitchen waste to make compost for my plants
- Instead of throwing the water with which I clean rice and pulses, I water the plants.
I have come across some diligent, wise people who are doing efforts in using waste plastic or doing efforts to minimize waste. Some of them I know about are
- Ashwin Malwade and Nupur Agarwal – Organized a zero-waste wedding where food waste was put in compost and fresh and unused food was distributed to the needy. In marriages, a lot of waste is generated in decorations, so they made sure that decoration in their wedding is done with materials that could be recycled. They started their own company GREENMYNA for organizing zero-waste green events.
- Mr. Nandan Bhatt – He recycles plastic wrappers of cookies, chips, namkeen, etc. His organization ECOKAARI recycles this plastic waste and transforms it into handbags, fashion accessories, office stationery, and items of home decor.
- Mr. AR Raghav, a Chennai-based architect is into the designing and construction of eco-friendly houses through his company A+R Architects.
- Kunti Oza, Hansu Pardiwala, and Chitra Hiremath started the Milk Bag Project (MBP) and saved almost 7.5 lakh plastic milk packets from polluting the earth
Friends, these are just a few examples. A lot many environment-loving people are coming forward to do their bits for the welfare of the society as a whole.
What’s your idea of saving Mother Earth? What bit are you doing in your individual capacity to save Earth?
One thought on “Rehabilitate Earth – What Are You Doing For Environment??”
Pingback: Wonders Of Nature - The Momma Clan