Last Updated on
January 31st, 2022 03:18 pm
(Image credit- Iscope)
The modern day’s most valuable inventions, that are, phones and the internet, if in case they get extinguished from the face of the earth, then both the unpleasant as well as the pleasant outcomes would emerge.
This situation will occur only when the radio electrical signals present in the atmosphere, the satellites in space, and the optic fiber cables laid underground all over the world are completely disabled. In that scenario, the methods of communication will be the total reliance on the good old days of the postal services.
The reasons for the success of the phones and the internet :
- In the case of a phone, it’s essentially a two-way radio, a radio transmitter, and a radio receiver. When you chat with your friend on your cell phone, your phone converts your voice into an electrical signal, which is then transmitted via radio waves to the nearest cell tower. The network of cell towers then relays the radio waves to your friend’s cell phone, which converts it to an electric signal and then back to the sound again.
- In addition to voice calls, most modern cell phones perform functions like web or internet surfing, taking pictures, playing games, sending text messages, and playing music. More sophisticated cell phones can do the task of a portable computer.
- On the other hand, the internet is a worldwide computer network that transmits a variety of data and media across interconnected devices. It works by using a packet routing network that follows Internet Protocol (IP) and Transport Control Protocol (TCP). Both of them work together to ensure that data transmission across the internet is consistent and reliable, no matter which device (phone or laptop) you are using or where (garden or office) you are using
(Image credit- Unsplash) https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/how-does-the-internet-work
Consequences of their collapse :
If the phones and the internet were to collapse someday then the consequences would be disastrous as millions of people around the world depend on it. Everyone would be rendered isolated.
- Human relationships would suffer first of all, due to the lack of any medium. Postal services, though reliable, take time to send the message across.
- Business would suffer, due to lack of speed in transferring essentials, whether it’s the data or the goods.
- Important messages from any establishment, be it the schools or colleges, banks or offices, hospitals, or government agencies, will reach them when it’s too late in the absence of the phones.
- More papers will be used and consequently, more trees will be cut due to no access to paperless transactions.
The brighter side of having no phones and the internet :
- The benefits are that the people would become more relaxed and healthy. Both these devices have only made them more anxious and affected their eyes and the brain.
- The people will have enough time to spend with just about anyone, which previously they never even thought of. Get-togethers will happen more often through verbal communication. That way people will meet each other in person, making direct eye contact.
- Courier and postal services will thrive, in the absence of electronic means of communication.
So, friends, the choice is yours, whether you wish to remain without the phones and internet, or be addicted to them. And whatever you choose to do, you must be ready to face the aftermath too. After all, every action reacts.